CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

harcopy in CLIM

    Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1991 20:56 EDT
    From: Peter Karp <pkarp@ai.sri.com>

    Would someone involved in the CLIM definition please comment on
    plans for providing hardcopy capabilities for CLIM?  Such as the
    ability to produce postscript output of the contents of a
    particular CLIM pane?  To what degree have people discussed this
    issue, and when might we see hardcopy capabilities?

CLIM 1.0 has a form called WITH-OUTPUT-TO-POSTSCRIPT-STREAM that causes
output to be redirected to an output file that will contain PostScript.
This file can be printed on a PostScipt printer using whatever command
you would normally use to print such a file.  As far as I know, it works
pretty well, although it has not been tested thoroughly with color
(since we do not have a color PostScript printer here at SCRC).

0,,