CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

two clim questions

I'm actually using clim1.0 on a symbolics and on allegro

Here are two clim questions

1. I have two clim-panes. The first one (view-pane) displays a viewport of the
second one (display-pane). On the display-pane I print a frame to show which part
of the picture is presented in the view-pane (the view-pane has got scrollbars).
Both panes use incremental-redisplay.
The description of the frame is a object. This object contains a mark to detect
whether the viewport in the view-pane has changed (this is controlled by an after
method to the function "window-set-viewport-position*"). The frame will be displayed
in an updating-output environment with the cache-value "mark".
When I change the viewport of the view-pane, the object of the frame will
change correctly, but the frame in the display-pane don't change.

What's the way to refresh the display-pane when changing the viewport of the
view-pane?

I tried to save the updating-output-record and to use redisplay in the function
"window-set-viewport-position*". But this failed too.

2. I display some text in a window.
Therefore I open a window with clim:open-window-stream. After some actions I want to
deexpose this window with the following function:

(defun my-window-deexpose (stream)
  (let ((whole-stream (frame-top-level-window *proroad*)))
    (format stream
            "string")
    (stream-input-wait whole-stream)
    (clim-lisp:stream-clear-input whole-stream)
    (clim:force-output stream)
    (clim:close stream)
    ))

This works fine on the symbolics but not with allegro

Error: The slot CLIM::HIGHLIGHTED-PRESENTATION is missing from the object #<EXCL::CLOSED-STREAM @ #x1353516> of class #<CLOS:STANDARD-CLASS EXCL::CLOSED-STREAM @ #x1f1216>

       Rainer

--
Rainer Koenig                                   email: rkoenig@fzi.de