CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The learning curve is a bit steeper now...

Hi folks.  I need some insight.  The simplest way to ask my
question is:  how does one implement overlapping panes?

I want to be able to have scrolling lists of items (ala Mac)
in the middle of a pane of my application frame.

At the moment I am using open-window-stream and almost
get what I want but I'm having trouble customizing
frame-find-innermost-applicable-presentation to pick up
the items in the newly created window stream.  If I could
define the window-stream as a pane then I imagine the built-in
stuff would take over and work properly.

Second question:  I've got a primitive top-level function
that handles multiple application frames and switches between
them fairly well (it requires a small amount of machine-dependent
hackery).  In order to do this I have to define my own top-level
function for the application frames and invoke it without
going through run-frame-top-level (I need to be able to
signal when I activate a new application frame and the signal
throws out of the handler set up by run-frame-top-level).
The question is what exactly is run-frame-top-level doing
(code would be nice) so that I can make it do what I want?

Thanks,
Seth Goldman
seth@gandalf.hrl.hac.com
(213) 317-5693