CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

clicking on windows

    Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1991 12:38 EDT
    From: David Neves <neves@ils.nwu.edu>

    We need to go to a lower level than layouts for esthetic reasons
    and so need to do the following in clim.  What is the best way of doing it?

    We want a background window that fills the entire screen.  We want several
    windows to overlap that background window.  We never want the background
    window to cover the windows on top of it.  For example, if the user clicks
    on the background window we do not want it to come to the top.

    We do not want to use layouts.  Our windows do not fully cover the
    background window (which has a bitmap in it).

    We looked at open-window-stream to create the windows but couldn't figure
    out how to prevent a background window created from it from popping up when
    clicked on.On the MAC (and other window systems) there is a distinction
    between a click that selects a window and a click that selects within a
    selected window.  I am not sure that CLIM deals with the former, does it?

*** Note to everyone ***
I keep having to ask this question, because it is important.  If you
don't tell us up front, it just takes an extra couple of mail messages.
*** Here is the question ***
--> What platform are you trying this on? <--

Clicking on a window causes the window to be "selected" under certain
window managers.  CLIM has no control over this behavior.  Since I don't
know what platform you are using, I cannot say for sure.

    I realize we are trying to use CLIM in a very low level way but the high
    level stuff gets in our way and CLIM is what CLOE on the PC has built in.

    Thanks for any help.
    -David

0,,