CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Avoiding delete-output-record-element error

    Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1991 09:33 EST
    From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

    I'm converting my software into CLIM, but I only wish to use the presentation
    aspects within the application frame construct.  Basically my display pane is
    controlled by my own scroll bars (ala define-presentation-action).
    My software determines which presentations are viewable and can be thrown
    up on the display.  The problem I'm having is that my presentations undergo
    extensive changes on the display (in which I selectively erase them and
    regenerate them).  CLIM`s incremental redisplay is not an option for me
    because of the extensive layering of the presentations my application has
    (plus it was overly slow and cumbersome to set up all the cacheing).

    My problem is this.  Whenever I invoke erase-output-record function on my own
    presentations, output-records, etc. , I hit the debugger in the
    delete-output-record-element in which CLIM thinks my presentations aren't
    there when they are  (I looked into the top-level-coordinate-sorted-set).

This is a bug in the coordinate sorted set searching code, as Bill York
pointed out.  I will see if I can come up with a fix.  If you have a
highly graphical display that you are trying to manage, you may want to
write a more sophisticated output history class.  I can tell you how to
get started on this, if you would like.

    My presentations are overlapping and I know CLIM is
    doing some of its own massaging of the display.  My display pane has
    incremental display off, but it seems CLIM is still massagging my presentation
    stuff.  How do I turn it off?  I am maintaining my own pointers to what is
    on the display and I wish to selectively erase and regenerate things on my
    own.  Is there some application-frame pane flag I need to set to tell CLIM
    that I will handle the output-record history?

0,,