CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hiding Menu Commands

I've tried two ways of hiding menu commands when I switch between layouts
in a CLIM application:

(1)  enable-command/disable-command changes the font on the menu command
name, and sensitizes/de-sensitizes the string;  however, I have one command
that gets enabled, but whose font remains italicized (disabled).

I would prefer to remove disabled commands from the command menu.  The
difference in font style between enabled and disabled commands is not
meaningful for users.

(2)  and so I tried using a hierarchy of command tables.  However, I have
not found a way to switch between command tables in my application.
The display-command-menu function will display the command table that
is defined in the :command-table parameter of the define-application-frame
macro.  But I cannot seem to define my own display function that uses
a different command table depending on application state.

Are separate command tables intended to be used in this way?
How does one switch between command tables in CLIM?

Thanks,

Joe Sherman
joebob@cs.washington.edu

0,,