CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problem with clim:draw-icon

    Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1991 04:15+0200
    From: lawton@aivax.rl.af.mil

    ;;; -*- Mode: LISP; Syntax: Common-lisp; Package: USER; Base: 10 -*-

    ;; Ok, folks, you say you want to hear our problems?  Well just when
    ;; you thought it was save to back on the network . . .
    ;;
    ;; But seriously, I do have a real problem.  It is with the "clim:draw-icon"
    ;; function.  As I understood it (from the class I took from Symbolics) this
    ;; function is supposed to basically do a bitblt of the pattern you give
    ;; it at the coordinates you give it.  However, it tends to get the pattern
    ;; all mish-mashed.  As an example, below is a short segment of code that
    ;; tries to draw my airplane glyph somewhere on the on a display pane.
    ;; To try it, load it into either Genera or Allegro CL (with CLIM loaded,
    ;; of course).  For Allegro, run "(start)".  For Genera, type <select>-<circle>.

    ;; I have a call in to Symbolics Software support, but its been over 2 weeks
    ;; now with no solution.  I am running out of options ;-).

Your problem is well known. The draw-icon facility is already fixed in a later version
of CLIM, which - unfortunately - is not public yet. However, you could
ask the Symbolics Software support to give you an appropriate patch that was written
by Scott McKay.

Markus Fischer
Consulting Services
Symbolics Systemhaus GmbH