CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Moral equivalent of clim::pprint needed

    Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1992 11:41 EST
    From: Kenneth Forbus <forbus@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu>

    Subject line says it all.  I have some lisp expressions that need to
    be ground into a scroll window, respecting the width of the visible
    part so that I don't have to scroll to see the entire expression.

    I've tried the obvious, namely including the stream corresponding to
    the window as the stream argument to pprint, and in Lucid CL on the
    RS/6000, it blows out claiming that the object involved isn't a
    stream.  Yet that is what our other routines print to.  Any ideas?

I think you will have to bring it up directly with Lucid softare
support.  At the very least, Lucid's PPRINT should not blow out, even if
it does not do as well as PPRINT does under Dynamic Windows on Genera.

The best solution is to have CLIM:PPRINT shadow LISP:PPRINT and do
something interesting involving creating EXPRESSION presentations, but I
don't imagine that will happen any time in the near future unless some
vendor volunteers to do that work.  I myself can't volunteer to do it.