CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Clim windows and xlib resources

I have noticed that clim 1.0 under xlib does not specify the
WM_CLASS window property.  That is,

(xlib:get-wm-class (slot-value (clim:frame-top-level-window frame)
                               'clim::window))
  => NIL

As far as I can tell, if the window had a "class", such as "CLIM",
then I could add things to my .Xdefaults file to control how the
window manager decorates clim windows:

olwm.MinimalDecor: clim

I recall a discussion a couple of weeks ago trying to determine how
such windows get named.  That discussion did not seem to come to
a successful conclusion.  What I want to know is:

Does someone out there know any other tricks for inhibiting decorations
on a frame's top-level window?

Obviously menu-choose menus have no decorations.  Does someone out
there know how CLIM prevents the window manager from decorating menus?

jeff morrill
jmorrill@bbn.com

P.S.  I'm not an expert in CLX, but shouldn't clim set the WM_CLASS
(via xlib:set-wm-class)?  Is this a bug?

Main Index | Thread Index