CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bugs in clim:accepting-values window

    Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1992 11:59 EST
    From: Jeff Morrill <jmorrill@BBN.COM>

    I am using CLIM 1.0 on Allegro CL 4.1.beta.0 [Sun4; R1] (2/24/92 12:57).

    1.  No horizontal scroll bar on AVV window.  This is a little annoying
    if you have a big display (or a little screen).

Hmph.  I look at this.

    2.  "<abort> aborts, <end> uses these values"  is a most confusing thing
    to print on the AVV frame when those keys aren't on your keyboard.
    Indeed, as far as I can tell, there are no keyboard accellerators for
    those two operations when your keyboard doesn't have those two keys.
    How about "<control-D> aborts, <control-Z> uses these values".

You can control this with the :EXIT-BOXES option to ACCEPTING-VALUES.

    As a further feature for clim 2.0 (3.0?), I'd like to see the exit message
    displayed using a method that can be customized by application code.
    Suppose I want my exit boxes to be graphical, like on the MacIntosh:
	-------   ----------
       | Done |   | Cancel |
	-------   ----------

You can do this, too, although I see the symbol is not exported.
You can write CLIM::DISPLAY-EXIT-BOXES methods to do this.

CLIM 2.0 will indeed do a better job of this.

    Then I might define a subclass of the avv frame and pass it into accepting-values.

    (defclass my-avv-frame (clim:avv-frame) () )

    (defmethod clim:avv-display-exit-boxes ((frame my-avv-frame) stream)
       ... my code ...
       )

    (accepting-values (t :own-window t :frame-class 'my-avv-frame)
       ... more code...
       )