CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Speeding up CLIM startup time.

	In all versions of CLIM I've tried with an X11 implementation,
the first window instantiation takes an extraordinarily log time, much
of which is spent with the server frozen.  With our locally-hacked
version of CLIM 0.9, we wouldn't get worried unless the first window
took longer than 30 seconds to appear... CLIM 1.0 seems to be doing a
little better, but still takes a long time.  How much of this startup
time is NOT due to the compiling of CLOS dispatch functions?  Has
anyone looked into this?  Has anyone found any ways to speed this up?

thanks,
	-Michael Thome (mthome@bbn.com)

Main Index | Thread Index