CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Image Processing in CLIM

    Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1992 18:55 EST
    From: "David A. Moon" <moon@cambridge.apple.com>

    Since the vendors haven't been able to figure out a common interface for
    color image processing, I think this is an excellent opportunity for the
    users to get together and specify what they want.  I imagine that if a
    significant number of users can agree on a specification, the vendors will
    pay a lot more attention, and also will have an easier time if they have a
    specification to implement from, rather than having to start by guessing
    what might appeal to users.  Be specific.

Dave is exactly right.  The important point is that there must be
*agreement* on something *specific*.  A less important point is that
it should be implementable on all of the important platforms.

    Just an opinion from a bystander, formerly a CLIM implementor.