CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

reverse video in pop-up accepting values window

    Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1992 12:45 EST
    From: Meir Laker <meir@watson.ibm.com>

    The default pop-up accepting-values window (i.e., :own-window t)
    appears black on white on a monchrome screen.  I have been unable to
    reverse the appearance.

I think that CLIM 1.1 fixes a bug in which changing the foreground and
background of a frame propagate the changes to the inferior panes.

By the way, in CLIM 1.1 on Genera, Function C will correctly "reverse
the video" of a CLIM window.

    Attempt #1 (on the Symbolics):

    (defmethod clim:run-frame-top-level :before ((frame accept-values))
      (with-slots (own-window) frame
	 (setf (clim:medium-foreground own-window) clim::+white+
	       (clim:mdeium-background own-window) clim::+black+)))

    and get an Output Hold that locks the display.  If I precede the setf with
    (window-expose own-window), I am thrown in the debugger attempting to
    expose a TEMP-CLIM-SHEET outside of its superior.

    Attempt #2 (on the Symbolics):

    (define-application-frame my-accept-values ()
	()
       (:panes ((only-pane :application
			   :stream-foreground clim::+white+
			   :stream-background clim::+black+))))
    and calling it via:

    (accepting-values :frame-class 'my-accept-values) with no luck.

    The :stream-foreground/background pane options seem to be ignored.

    Thank you for any help you can give me.

    Meir Laker
    IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
    P.O. Box 218, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
    Phone: 914-945-2699 Tieline: 862-2699
    meir@watson.ibm.com