CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

updating-output

Is there any reason I should avoid nesting updating-output
within the scope of with-output-as-presentation?

I have a big presentation region that is recursively divided up into
smaller regions that ultimately contain a mixture of text and graphics.
I am having trouble making incremental redisplay
work with this type of hierarchical display.

  (updating-output (...)
    (with-output-as-presentation (...)
      (updating-output (...)
         (with-output-as-presentation (...) body1)
	 (with-output-as-presentation (...) body2))
      ...))

It seems like the way things are nested makes a big difference.
The documentation doesn't mention any nesting restrictions.

Thanks for any advice,
jeff morrill

Main Index | Thread Index