CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

formatting graphs in CLIM

    Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1992 09:48 EST
    From: peter c halverson <halvers@sol.crd.ge.com>

    Has anyone come up with a more useful graphing facility for CLIM 1.[01]
    than FORMAT-GRAPH-FROM-ROOT?  In particular, I need to be able to graph
    general (connected) lattices which may have more than one "root", shared
    nodes, etc.  Ideally, I'd like something similar to Genera's
    FORMATTING-GRAPH, which provides a dynamic environment in which graphs are
    can be elaborated in arbitrary order using FORMATTING-GRAPH-NODE and
    CONNECT-GRAPH-NODE calls.  Before I go off and do something silly like
    porting FORMATTING-GRAPH myself, has anyone done something similar?

I did <:-).  It's called FORMATTING-GRAPH-FROM-ROOTS, and it's in CLIM
1.1.  When I was working on it, I discovered that DW:FORMATTING-GRAPH,
DW:FORMATTING-GRAPH-NODE, and DW:CONNECT-GRAPH-NODE turned out not to be
necessary, since the new CLIM grapher seems to provide enough control to
subsume them.  I converted all of my old programs that used those DW
functions to CLIM, and they all work.

Bug notice: to my dismay FORMATTING-GRAPH-FROM-ROOTS works, um, less
than perfectly when used with UPDATING-OUTPUT (surprise, surprise).

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index