CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

formatting graphs in CLIM Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1992 10:45-0500 From: Scott McKay <SWM@sapsucker.scrc.symbolics.com>

       Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1992 09:48 EST
       From: peter c halverson <halvers@sol.crd.ge.com>

       Has anyone come up with a more useful graphing facility for CLIM 1.[01]
       than FORMAT-GRAPH-FROM-ROOT?  In particular, I need to be able to graph
       general (connected) lattices which may have more than one "root", shared
       nodes, etc.  Ideally, I'd like something similar to Genera's
       FORMATTING-GRAPH, which provides a dynamic environment in which graphs are
       can be elaborated in arbitrary order using FORMATTING-GRAPH-NODE and
       CONNECT-GRAPH-NODE calls.  Before I go off and do something silly like
       porting FORMATTING-GRAPH myself, has anyone done something similar?

   I did <:-).  It's called FORMATTING-GRAPH-FROM-ROOTS, and it's in CLIM
   1.1.  When I was working on it, I discovered that DW:FORMATTING-GRAPH,
   DW:FORMATTING-GRAPH-NODE, and DW:CONNECT-GRAPH-NODE turned out not to be
   necessary, since the new CLIM grapher seems to provide enough control to
   subsume them.  I converted all of my old programs that used those DW
   functions to CLIM, and they all work.

Does this actually draw graphs, or does it still convert graphs to trees by
replicating nodes as was done in earlier versions of CLIM?

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index