CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

exposing windows ...

    Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1992 09:24 EDT
    From: Richard Billington <buff@cc.gatech.edu>

    There are two "idioms" for exposing a window: (window-expose <window>) and
    (setf (window-visibility <window>) t). I'm specializing a CLIM window, and one
    of the things I want to do is add some behaviour so that when the window is
    exposed that added behaviour happens. So, if I want to specialize window
    exposure behaviour (at least for exposures generated from within CLIM),
    there's no way of doing so that covers both idioms that's documented.

    If my CLIM window is exposed by a native window system operation (killing a
    covering window, or selecting it with a mouse click), is it possible to
    specialize the exposure behaviour for this type of event as well?

Specialize (SETF WINDOW-VISIBILITY).  WINDOW-EXPOSE just calls it;
WINDOW-EXPOSE should really have been flushed from CLIM a while back.