CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

commands & tracking pointers

I have two problems (using CLIM 1.0 and MCL 2.0 (both beta) but the
problems are of general nature):

1. I have an interaction pane for inputing commands. I also present
several command-name in another pane, so the user has something to
click on instead of always having to type command-names.

When the user clicks on a command-name, the name is automatically put
into the input buffer, which is good. But the name isn't accepted yet,
the user has to type <space> to be able to click on objects for the
arguments. I may be because the same objects has command-translators.
Anyway, I want the user to be able to enter arguments at once without
having to type <space> first. How? (Any methods I could write
to get control at the right spot?)

2. I want to track the pointer with tracking-pointers in a window
(pane). But this blocks the ordinary command-loop. How can I make the
command loop use the other panes and function as normal and my
tracking-pointer only get control when the cursor is inside my window?

Hallvard Traetteberg
Dept. of Knowledge Based Systems
Center for Industrial Research
Box 124 Blindern, 0314 Oslo 3