CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CLIM 1.0 :gesture nil seems not to work

    Date: Wed, 6 May 1992 15:51 EDT
    From: Brent Reeves <brentr@sigi.cs.colorado.edu>

     The ":gesture nil" is supposed to allow access to the command "only
     from a menu" CLIM 1.0 page 198.  But the following does not let me
     click right to get a menu:

This works correctly in CLIM 1.1.  Depending on who you purchased CLIM
from (you didn't say, shame on you :-), you may or may not already have
it now.

     ;; (Running CLIM 1.0 on Genera 8.1)
     (define-network-design-command (com-hide-history
	    :name "Hide History Group" :menu nil)
	((history-group 'pt-history-group :gesture nil))
	...)

     My work around has been to write

     (define-network-design-command (com-hide-history
	    :name "Hide History Group" :menu nil)
	((history-group 'pt-history-group :gesture :select))
	...)

     and then just define the "real" select command first, i.e. if I have
     5 commands for this object, and I want one of them to be accessible
     from the :select gesture, I define all of them to be :gesture
     :select.  The mouse documentation line shows only the first one, the
     others are then accessible from the normal menu.  Any advice on how
     one is supposed to allow access to a command only from a menu?

You mean only from a presentation translator menu, right?

     -brent

    Brent Neal Reeves       brentr@cs.colorado.edu          (303) 492-1218
			   "visualize whirled peas"