CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Super quickie CLIM question

    Date: Tue, 12 May 1992 08:41 EDT
    From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

    I noticed in the CLIM manual that the size-specification in the application
    frame's layout form is only refered to being a real number between 0 & 1.
    As I recalled from the ole dynamic windows constraint layout form you were
    allowed to input that size-spec also in either pixel or character size
    notation.  Has that capability been lost in CLIM?  If not has it changed?

That capability is essentially gone in CLIM 1.0 and 1.1

CLIM 2.0 has a richer layout language that incorporates both top-down
layout (like CLIM 1 has) and a bottom-up layout (similar to the TeX
"boxes and glue" model).