CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

simple-parse-error query - maybe potential problem?

    Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1992 08:53 EDT
    From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

    In CLIM 1.1, I noticed the following problem with ACCEPT's handling of
    SIMPLE-PARSE-ERROR and I think it may be an oversight in the CLIM specs,
    or maybe its a problem only in Allegro.

    In my own case I have complex time types that allow optional type-tags
    to the time values.  I utilized SIMPLE-PARSE-ERROR in my ACCEPT method
    to inform the user of various illegalities of the way they had input the
    time values.  The SIMPLE-PARSE-ERROR forms work as expected in normal
    accept invokation, however if you use ACCEPT-FROM-STRING and you hit the
    SIMPLE-PARSE-ERROR form in your ACCEPT, you will hit the debugger (at
    least in Allegro Lisp).  My question is this.  I need to be able to
    utilize that PARSE-ERROR checking capability within ACCEPT-FROM-STRING
    (particular case is file stream reads w/ READ-LINE), is there a way to
    write an accept method that will work with SIMPLE-PARSE-ERROR for both
    ACCEPT and ACCEPT-FROM-STRING?

    ACCEPT-FROM-STRING seems to need additional arguments in which the user
    can direct PARSE-ERROR interaction with the user if need be?  Any
    suggestions from the CLIM gurus out there?

Please send me the code for the presentation type.