CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Accept's input buffer editting manipulation

    Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1992 11:34 EDT
    From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

    I wish to have my own accept method complete the users input when he hits a
    return while in the middle of performing an inline edit on his input.

    Presently, if you do an (accept 'number)

    And the user enters ->  2034.45

    But then does a meta-b and 3 control-b then a meta-d and enters 43 the
    input looks like    ->  2043.45 with the text cursor at the decimal point.

    If the user hits a carriage return you only get 2043 from the accept.
    How can I get my accept method when it sees the carriage return to
    complete the input first so it would return 2043.45?  Is there an easy way
    to do this?

I fixed this bug a while back, but don't presently have access to the
patch file.  Perhaps Jeff Morrill will forward the patch to you.

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index