CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Standalone Windows Resource?

    Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1992 00:30+0100
    From: will taylor <unido!charon.arc.nasa.gov!taylor>

    I am using CLIM 1.0 (27.5) under Genera 8.1.1

    I would like to pop-up a window over my application frame
    which has :scroll-bars :both and whose size I can determine.
    I can use OPEN-WINDOW-STREAM & WINDOW-EXPOSE to display the
    window.  But if I want it to appear under the cursor I need to
    be able to move its location and re-size it OR be able to
    return the window to the "window-resource" and then create
    a new one with the size and location I desire.

    I guess what I am looking for is a window analog to WITH-MENU
    & MENU-CHOSE-FROM-DRAWER which has both scroll bars and gives
    me control over its size.  Anyone know how to do something
    like this.

Even in 1.0 you should have the functions
CLIM:WINDOW-SET-INSIDE-SIZE  and CLIM:WINDOW-SET-INSIDE-EDGES.

These size and position windows. Note the the edge coordinates in
CLIM:WINDOW-SET-INSIDE-EDGES are relative to the window's parent.

Also, don't forget to provide :save-under T to CLIM:OPEN-WINDOW-STREAM.

I hope that helps a bit.

Markus Fischer, MF@SGER.UUCP              Mergenthaler Allee 77-81
Consulting Services                       W-6236 Eschborn, Germany
Symbolics Systemhaus GmbH                 Phone: +49 6196 47220, Fax 481116