CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

bulk text editing.

in my old DW and TV code on the Symbolics i could setup a window

	(tv:make-window 'zwei:standalone-editor-frame)

and send it various messages, whereapon it would behave like a regular
emacs, and let me do bulk text editing.  i'm finding editing large text
strings in CLIM:ACCEPT :own-windows rather painful in symbolics CLIM1.1.
is there a more satisfactory, portable way of doing this editing on
multi line strings?  (e.g. mail messages).  probably some combination of
CLIM:WITH-INPUT-EDITING and CLIM:WITH-INPUT-EDITOR-TYPEOUT to replay the
screen when you move up/down would probably help me here, but it's
really too late at night for me to figure this out, without an example.

or should this all work automatically, and the implementation is just
sub-optimal?

tnx,
pc