CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

problem with accept

    Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1992 12:20 EDT
    From: Tom Trinko <ttrinko@dipl.rdd.lmsc.lockheed.com>

    Mark:
       This is the code which seems to have a problem
	(defun menu (stream)
	  (accepting-values (stream :own-window t
				    :label "abc")
	    (accept 'string :stream stream :prompt t)))

    when I execute this I see the following problem.
      click on the string value to enter it
       start typing
	 when you hit 35 characters or so--including the prompt-- the
	  text wraps to the next line even though there is plenty of space to            the right.  In our full application we see that if the prompt is
	  > 35 characters long the everything the user types appears on the
	  next line.  We also see the "no" option from accept 'boolean
	  appearing on the next line.  Am i doing something stupid or is
	  this a real bug?  Thanks for any help

I came up with a workaround for this, but forgot to report the problem. The
problem is that the stream-text-margin is not set and the default is 35.
Here's code that works for us. Notice the first line within the
accepting-values is (setf (stream-text-margin ...). This is what does the fix
and it must be able to access the stream, so using t as a value for stream in
accepting-values doesn't work. We just bind stream to (frame-top-level-window
*application-frame*).

(let ((stream (frame-top-level-window *application-frame*)))
    (clim:accepting-values (stream :own-window
				'(:right-margin (20 :character)
				:bottom-margin (5 :character))
				:label
				"Change existing object or create new one")
	(setf (stream-text-margin stream) (window-inside-width stream))
	(setf change?
		(accept '(member :yes :no)
			:prompt
			(format nil "Change existing object named ~A" name)
			:default :no
			:stream stream))))