CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Three Questions

[RUNNING: CLIM-1.1, LUCID, SUN]

1] How can the fore/background for an existing window be changed?

The :STREAM-BACKGROUND init-form works fine when the window is created, but
after the window is created there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do
this (nor can I find anything in the documentation I have).  BTW, naively
setting the clim::BACKGROUND slot doesn work (presumably because the
context/gc's aren't affected?)

2] Forms inside a DEFINE-APPLICATION (e.g. *MY-STYLE* in the following):

 (define-application-frame MY-FRAME ()
    ()
   (:panes
     ((MY-PANE :APPLICATION
	       :DEFAULT-TEXT-STYLE *MY-STYLE*)
        . . .

seem to be eval'ed at compile/load time (i.e. as opposed to at
run/create-time).  Is this correct.  Is there anyway to trick this into
eval-ing at the later time?

3] How can I get my hands on the frame when a pane is being created?  The
slots pointing to the frame don't seem to be set until after the
initialize-instance is run and the standard variables (e.g.
*APPLICATION-FRAME*) don't seem to be set (at least not to the right
thing).

Thanks
Nichael

Main Index | Thread Index