CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

mac gestures

Hi CLIM'ers

I'm using CLIM 1.0 with MCL 2.0b1p3 (on a Mac IIcx) and am
experimenting with gestures. This message is mostly Mac/MCL specific I
guess, so please read it Apple/ILA folks!

First of all I need to know the mapping from mouse clicks and modifier
buttons to gestures. I have found the :select, :edit and :delete
gestures as click, alt-click (option-click) and shift-click, but
would like a full list.

When I use the :delete gesture in a translator the presentations
highlights OK but I get a beep when clicking. Replacing :delete with
:edit works fine, makes the translator run without a beep.

When I try the :menu gesture in the translator it displays R: command
in the pointer documentation pane, but how can I click the right
button on a one button Mac mouse?

A general comment: I like working with CLIM, but it is annoying not
having any MCL specific documentation. And while everyone is talking
about CLIM 1.1 and 2.0 there still hasn't come any new releases since
CLIM 1.0 beta for MCL, not even new patches. I look forward to getting
more MCL specific support in the future. Thanks!

Regards, Hallvard

Hallvard Traetteberg
Dept. of Knowledge Based Systems
Center for Industrial Research