CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tracking pointers...

    Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1992 10:52 EDT
    From: jclose@chesapeake.ads.com (Jeff Close)

       Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1992 10:32-0400
       From: Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

	   Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1992 17:11 EDT
	   From: Jeff Close <jclose@chesapeake.ads.com>

	   I have a problem involving CLIM:Tracking-Pointer.  I want to be able
	   to track the pointer out of one pane of a frame and across other
	   panes, and know what pane it currently rests in.  Does any one have
	   any ideas on how I can manage that?  Thanks much for any suggestions.

       Does :MULTIPLE-WINDOW T not work?

    Scott,

    Thanks for your response.  I thought it would, but what I've
    discovered has turned what I thought would be a simple tracking
    routine into a total mess.  I can't tell that :multiple-window T
    does ANYTHING!

    Here's what I've done: the mult. win keyword, track the pointer, and
    wait for :pointer-motion to redraw a picture, I would think that the
    window argument to :pointer-motion would refer to the window (pane, in
    a frame) that the mouse currently sits on, and therefore that drawing
    to this window would draw the picture following the pointer as it
    moves into different panes.  BUT... it merely draws into the original
    pane, which is overlapped by the neighboring panes once the pointer
    goes beyond that pane's borders.

    Has anyone used :multiple-window succesfully?

I guess this is a bug report.  It won't be fixed in CLIM 1.1, except by
some miracle.  I will investigate further for CLIM 2.0

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index