CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nested accepting-values

   Date: Tue, 18 Aug 92 11:42:18 EDT
   From: Jeff Close <jclose@chesapeake.ads.com>

   I've done this a thousand times in DW but it was too long ago:  I'm
   trying to get several nested accepting-values to work so that when I
   hit a <return> on an inner accept, it doesn't interpret it as
   terminating the outer one.

Do you really mean nested ACCEPTING-VALUES calls, or nested calls to
ACCEPT?  For example, do you have a presentation type parser that
calls ACCEPT recursively on another type?  If so, you should probably
use WITH-ACTIVATION-CHARACTERS (with the :OVERRIDE option) around the
inner call to ACCEPT to remove Newline and/or Return from the
activation list.  You then may also have to use WITH-BLIP-CHARACTERS
to add Newline back as a delimiter.

Sorry I'm not being very specific.  I don't have time to test this out
right now.  If you have a simple code example of the nested calling
that you are trying to do, send it along and I'll look at it.

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index