CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

accepting-values (:own-window t) in clim 2

I think it would be useful if accepting-values (:own-window t)
could be run at a time when *application-frame* was NIL (or unbound or
whatever) and *query-io* (et. al.) was not a clim stream.

This corresponds to a state where the only clim stream is
in the AVV frame.

In clim 1 I open a root window so that AVV will get
a stream that it can deal with.

(let ((stream *query-io*))
  (when (not (clim:extended-output-stream-p stream))
    (setq stream (..find or open a root window..)))
  (accepting-values (stream :own-window t)
    ...))

The clim 2 spec says that if the stream is T then the value
of *query-io* is used.  It would be nice if clim would check
*query-io* and at the very least complain that it is not
a "suitable stream," and better yet, it would look
at *default-server-path* and just work.

If there is some reason why clim can't work that way, then I
would like to know how I can construct a "suitable stream"
as I do for clim 1.

jeff morrill
jmorrill@bbn.com

0,,