CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

commands

Hi, I want to install a bunch of existing functions as CLIM commands,
without having to make a set of com-<function-name> function. I.e. I
need a define-command that doesn't include a &body argument and
doesn't (re)define the function, but just takes the function syntax
(function name and argument types) so they can be accepted by the
command line interpreter. Instead of

(clim:define-command (com-echo :command-table kits-comtab :name t)
  ((string 'string :prompt nil))
  (com-echo-aux string)
  (values nil))

I would like to write

(defun com-echo (string)
  (com-echo-aux string)
  (values nil))

(define-command-syntax (com-echo :command-table kits-comtab :name t)
  ((string 'string :prompt nil)))

Actually, the com-echo function won't be written at all, since I'm
going to write my own execute-frame-command that interprets the
command differently, i.e. by not using
(apply (command-name command) (command-arguments command)) but perhaps
(execute-my-command (command-name command) (command-arguments command))

Any help?

Regards, Hallvard

Hallvard Traetteberg
Dept. of Knowledge Based Systems