CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The cost of CLIM and its future

This discussion has digressed pretty far from the original intent of this list,
and I'm willing to drop it or take it to mail if someone really wants to
continue, after making the following two points:

1) CLIM is really pretty neat. Despite any impressions I may have
left by my comments of the last two days, I really think it serves a
purpose for some collection of Lisp users, and from a technical standpoint
I've got to admire it.

2) It's gonna have a hard time gaining support until it's affordable to
the educational market. You can substitute Lisp for CLIM in this statement
too. Lisp is gonna have a hard time gaining market share as long as it's
expensive for small colleges, tech schools, and public universities to
be able to buy it.

...arun

0,,

Follow-Ups: References: