CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

labels for panes

   Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 16:13:33 -0500
   From: "Meir Laker" <meir@watson.ibm.com>

      Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 11:05:17 PDT
      From: Bill York <york%oakland-hills@lucid.com>

	 Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 13:15:29 EDT
	 From: Clinton Hyde <chyde@chesapeake.ads.com>

	 I am really unhappy that panes don't have labels in my AllegroCL
	 x-based frames. this is causing me to do things to fake it which I
	 don't like.

      CLIM 2 will pre-package a pane labelling mechanism.  It will actually
      be implemented as a separate sheet holding the label, but you won't
      care.

   I expected you to say that this is an Allegro back-end bug.  You imply
   that CLIM 1.1 doesn't support pane labels.  And, indeed, my X-based
   Lucid version of CLIM also ignores my pane labels (and I sent a bug
   report to Lucid which has not been acknowledged).  Why does the
   Symbolics version have labels?

Because the underlying Genera windows out of which the CLIM windows
get built have labels.  That is, the Genera CLIM back-end just passes
on the label option to the Genera window system.  Since CLX windows
don't have "native" labels, CLIM would have to simulate them by adding
an extra X window to hold the label, or by hacking the clipping region
of the window to reserve space for the label or something.

0,,

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index