CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: labels for panes

    Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1992 17:13 EDT
    From: Meir Laker <meir@watson.ibm.com>

       Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 11:05:17 PDT
       From: Bill York <york%oakland-hills@lucid.com>

	  Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 13:15:29 EDT
	  From: Clinton Hyde <chyde@chesapeake.ads.com>

	  I am really unhappy that panes don't have labels in my AllegroCL
	  x-based frames. this is causing me to do things to fake it which I
	  don't like.

	  wha I'm not doing is putting in an extra tiny pane just to hold the
	  label, although i may get annoyed and do that some time.

	  is CLIM 2 going to allow this on X frames?

       CLIM 2 will pre-package a pane labelling mechanism.  It will actually
       be implemented as a separate sheet holding the label, but you won't
       care.

    I expected you to say that this is an Allegro back-end bug.  You imply
    that CLIM 1.1 doesn't support pane labels.  And, indeed, my X-based
    Lucid version of CLIM also ignores my pane labels (and I sent a bug
    report to Lucid which has not been acknowledged).  Why does the
    Symbolics version have labels?

Genera windows natively have labels.  The raw CLX windows used by the
CLX port do not.

    Meir Laker

    IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
    Phone: 914-945-2699