CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TRACKING-POINTER :PRESENTATION-BUTTON-PRESS bug?

    Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1992 16:09 EDT
    From: Rodney Daughtrey <rodney@hsvaic.boeing.com>

    Running CLIM 1.1, Genera 8.1.1, it seems that the
    :PRESENTATION-BUTTON-PRESS clause of CLIM:TRACKING-POINTER works for
    left and right mouse button clicks, but *misses* mouse-middle clicks.

The :PRESENTATION-BUTTON-PRESS clause goes through the normal
presentation translator mechanism.  What this means is that the
sensitivity for a presentation is controlled by the so-called "identity"
translator, which is the default translator you get for the left mouse
button.  You also get right button clicks because the "menu" translator
is applicable whenever "identity"is applicable.

I know this explanation is probably not very satisfying, but I don't
really know what to do about it.

    Evaluating the code below and running (run-test) illustrates the
    problem.  First click on "Generate A Presentation", and then click on
    "Track Mouse".  Clicking the mouse-left or mouse-right buttons while
    the mouse is over the presentation executes the code in the
    :PRESENTATION-BUTTON-PRESS clause, but mouse-middle clicks are passed
    on to the :POINTER-BUTTON-PRESS clause.

    Am I missing something, or is this a bug?  If so, any suggested fixes?

It's a bug.  I'm not sure exactly how to fix it, although I think I am
having an idea...

0,,

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index