CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Finding color capabilities

> Is there some function available that allows you to determine the color
> capabilities of a CLIM stream/window?
>
> I'd like to use different techniques to display data depending on whether
> the CLIM display I'm using supports color or not.  I guess that the generalization
> of this would be to know the bit-depth or number of colors displayable - or perhaps
> whether a given color can be displayed as such.
>
> Is this part of the functionality to be offered by CLIM 2 palettes?

In CLIM 2.0, functions for obtaining such information are not part of the
public interface and differ across the various ports.  It would not be
difficult to add such a capability to the CLIM API.  I'll investigate
doing this.

-----
Chris Richardson, Franz Inc.	1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
cer@Franz.COM (internet)	Berkeley, CA  94704
uunet!franz!cer (uucp)		Phone: (510) 548-3600; FAX: (510) 548-8253

0,,