CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Additional keyword arguments to clim:present

>Randy,
>
>   Date: Tue, 6 Oct 92 10:31:03 CST
>   From: Randy Coulman <coulman@skdad.usask.ca>
>

>   [ Allegro CL 4.1, CLIM 1.1, Sun Sparc 1+ ]
>
>   Is it possible to provide additional keyword arguments to clim:present methods
>   beyond those already specified?  I'd really like to use draw-text* in some of
>   my methods and pass in the x and y coordinates and the :align-x and :align-y
>   keywords.  Is this possible?  Or desirable?
>
>Yes, this is what the additional 'options' parameter in the
>define-presentation-type form is for.  I've defined (x,y) options as
>well as several others in many of mine and use the options in present
>calls.

This looks like what I want.  I'll try it out and see if I can get it to work.

>   Further to this, is there a way to specify the clim:stream-default-view of a
>   pane?  A keyword in clim:define-application-frame would be nice.  Am I missing
>   something somewhere?  I'm currently just using setf on clim:stream-default-view
>   in my display function.
>
>Other than setting it like you're doing, how else would you like to do
>it?  Do you mean a single keyword specified as the default for all
>panes of the frame?

Actually, as a keyword for each pane (:application panes at least).  It would
look something like this:

(defclass graphical-view (clim:textual-view) ())
(defvar +graphical-view+ (make-instance 'graphical-view)

(clim:define-application-frame ...
  (:panes (
           (pane-n :application
                   :display-function ...
                   :default-view clim:+textual-view+)
           (pane-n+1 :application
                     :display-function ...
                     :default-view +graphical-view+)
           ...))
...)

>Jeffrey

Thanks for the response.

Randy
--
Randy A. Coulman                |       ARIES Laboratory
coulman@cs.Usask.ca             |       University of Saskatchewan
                                |       Saskatoon, SK   S7N 0W0

0,,