CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Really quick dumb question

   Date: Wed, 14 Oct 92 13:58:20 PDT
   From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

   Can an inferior presentation be EXACTLY the same size as its parent?

[An anecdote: my wife is a tax lawyer, but that doesn't stop our
friends and acquaintances from asking her about litigation issues.
The usual scenario is that someone will come up, describe some complex
interaction in which they think someone else screwed them and then ask
"So, can I sue?"  My wife's answer is always "Of course you can sue."
Most of them eventually figure out that the right question to ask is
"Can I win?"]

Of course an inferior presentation can be the same size as its parent.

I'm not sure exactly what use you had in mind for these nested
presentations, but this simple case seems to work for me:

> (with-output-as-presentation (:stream win :type 'integer :object 234)
    (with-output-as-presentation (:stream win :type 'symbol :object 'bar)
      (draw-rectangle* win 100 100 150 150)))

I can click on this rectangle while accepting either a SYMBOL or an
INTEGER.

0,,