CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pane management in clim 2

   Date: Wed, 14 Oct 92 13:52:06 -0400
   From: Jeff Morrill <jmorrill@BBN.COM>

   I am having a little trouble translating your bboard code into clim 2.
   Perhaps you could give me a few clues.  The spec is my only guide,
   and it hasn't been much help.

Well, I don't have access to your Allegro CLIM 2.0 alpha, so you
should probably appeal directly to Franz.

   Although open-window-stream works in clim 2.0.alpha, it gave me something
   that had no applicable method for WINDOW-EXPOSE.  So I want to know
   how to make a pane, parent it, size it, position it, and expose it.

Some things to try: If you want a bunch of separate "top level"
windows, you should define a frame with one main pane, and then make
multiple instances of it.  If you want "bulletin board" layout of
panes within a frame, first see if there is a bulletin board layout
pane.  If not, you can probably define one with COMPOSE-SPACE and
ALLOCATE-SPACE methods that don't descend into the inferiors.  You can
then use MOVE-SHEET and RESIZE-SHEET to explicitly position the
inferior panes.

0,,