CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Frame Manager

    Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1992 10:29 EST
    From: Oliver Gajek <metal@ztivax.zfe.siemens.de>

    I have had no connection to CLIM@BBN.COM for a couple of months,
    but I remember that there was a discussion on multiple application
    frames, "slave frames" and a frame manager in July 1992. I have to
    port the user interface of a large application from Symbolics (DW)
    to SUN (CLIM). For that task it would be very helpful to have something
    like a frame manager or at least some piece of code to do a workaround.
    Are there any results of the discussion available?

CLIM 2.0 Beta now has "meta frames" (which we ended up calling
"activities"), which appear to do the right thing.  I don't know
what the state of the documentation is, but one of the CLIM demos
uses this facility.

0,,