CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Changing applicaion layouts

I am doing a CLIM 1.1 application on the Symbolics (Genera 8.1) that uses a
single application frame with several different layouts, some of which share
the same application panes. The idea is to let the user change back and forth
between layouts as needed by a command that calls Set-Frame-Layout.

I seem to have run into a performance problem: the time it takes for the new
layout to appear and be ready to accept user input increases with the number of
times layouts have been changed and, apparently, with the complexity of the
output record structure of the layout (a big tree of output records with many
levels and branches seems to take much longer). I'd appreciate any suggestions
on how to prevent this performance degradation.

		L.D. Fleming
		LESC, Houston

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index