CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: lisp window

    Oh, I'm using Lucid Lisp with Clim 1.1 on a DecStation.

     I tried redefining my *terminal-io* to be a window in an application
frame and a regular window created by open-window-stream, but in both
cases, I got the following message when an error occured:

  Nasty recursive error in debugger.
  Debugger panicking due to recursive errors, using the initial-io stream
  >>Error: Stream #<CLIM::CLX-WINDOW /x 0:600 y 0:374/ 110ADD5E> is not
    open for input.

     So, I image it's not as easy to redefine *terminal-io* in Lucid as it
is on the Symbolics.

>> (Clinton Hyde)
>>      as a simple guess, you need to redefine where a lot of i/o streams go,
>> and have them point to each user's windows. we're going to be doing

     How do you make an i/o stream point to a user's window?

>> this ourselves (just as you describe) shortly. it seems that the
>> simple thing is for each user to have their frame explicitly name the
>> x-host and display number, so that their clim window goes to their
>> machine. other streams have to be rebound as well, and we haven't done
>> that yet.

     Thanks,

        Erik

0,,