CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"floating windows"

I would like to open small floating windows on top of other windows and
have them stay on top whatever happens.  Something like the Macintosh
"windoids" that you can find in lots of apps now (claris cad,...).
These are also called "pallettes" sometimes.

Is there a facility to do this in clim (clim 1.1)?  I'd like my code to
stay independent of the underlying system (I'm on a Macivory 3).  If
there is no such facility, will it be a lot of work for me to implement
and how should I start?

Thanks

vk
--