CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Is there a way to reduce replay rippling

   Date: Mon, 2 Nov 92 14:22:42 PPE
   From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

   I have many presentations with inferiors on a window that are slightly
   overlapping. Anytime I do an erase-output-record, I get a massive amount
   of replaying occurring resulting in sllllooooowww update. Is there a simple
   way of reducing the replay mechanism or preventing it from going back up
   the output-record tree more than one level?

Use your own "customized" version of erase-output-record.  Just call
DRAW-RECTANGLE on the BOUNDING-RECANGLE of the output record with an
:INK of +BACKGROUND+ (and inside a WITH-OUTPUT-RECORDING-OPTIONS with
:RECORD-P NIL).  Then call DELETE-OUTPUT-RECORD on the record's parent
and the record.  Then do whatever replay or damage repair that you
want.

0,,