CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ordered-menu-items

OK, I have placed my ordered menu item hack on cambridge.apple.com
under clim-1/ordered-menu-items.lisp.

I would appreciate any feedback or enhancements.

ba

>From the header:

This package provides the ability to define the layout of menu items
in a command menu pane.  Defining a layout spec of the form:

   (("col1row1" "col1row2" ...) ("col2row1" "col2row2" ...) ...)

produces a menu item layout of the form:

col1row1    col2row1
col1row2    col2row2

Each enty in the layout is the menu items "name" as defined by the
:menu option to clim:define-command or the command definer macro produced
by clim:define-application-frame.

See the example application frame included in this file.

This package has been tested on:

Allegro CL 4.1
CLIM 1.1
SunOS 4.1.1

To use this package:

  1.  Include ordered-menu-item-mixin as a superclass of your
      application frame.
  2.  Provide a place to store the definition of the menu layout
      and sorted list of menu items.  I usually do this as
      slots in my application frame.
  3.  Add code in the top level of the application frame to compute
      a sorted list of menu items per the layout specification.
  4.  You're done.

Ideas on enhancements.

  o  extend layout syntax to allow style specifications (such as
     the menu items text style, highlighting mechanisms, etc.)
  o  define column (row?) "headings" that are not mouse sensitive
  o  deal with "dividers"
  o  define a mechanism for "icon" menu items

Provided for your enjoyment by:

Brian H. Anderson
Boeing Commercial Airplane
(206) 234-0881