CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CLIM seems to ignore WITH-TRANSLATION

   Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1992 13:47-0500
   From: "John G. Aspinall" <JGA@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>
   [...]
   (1) I'm going to draw somewhere in the drawing plane.  I want to see all
   my graphics placed near the current cursor.

   (2) I'm going to draw somewhere in the drawing plane.  I want to see my
   graphics located such that the origin of my drawing coordinates is
   somewhere directly beneath the current cursor.  (Or, on the left margin
   of the window, and below the y coordinate....)

   Both these are legitimate uses.  Probably there are finer degrees of
   control that some applications could use too.  The current behaviour of
   w-r-f-g is closer to (1) than to (2), but it is insufficiently specified
   to tell whether this is intended or not.

Interesting you point this out, since I rarely use w-r-f-g, because of
this ambiguity.  Since its contract isn't clear to me conceptually, I
generally avoid using it even though it might be practical.  I'm not
just obsessing about elegance, either &) (face twisted up) -- it's in
areas like this that should the contract change or be "clarified", I'm
up a creek if I've chosen wrong.

jeff

0,,