CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Recycle discarded output-records

    From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

    I'm presently in CLIM 1.1. In my application I generate new
    linear-output-records manually within the with-output-to-output-record
    form and add-output-record-element to my pane's history. To keep my
    display speed up I discard them and generate new ones whenever I rescale
    my display or pan it around. I only generate those records that are
    visible in the pane. Has anybody played with the idea of reusing old
    output-records that have been ripped out of the history?

    Something like

	    (with-output-to-old-output-record (old-record stream) ...

    Is this possible?

It hasn't been tried, to the best of my knowledge.  I would guess that
it is unlikely to work, and may not be straightforward.

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index