CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CLIM seems to ignore WITH-TRANSLATION

   Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1992 13:47-0500
   From: John G. Aspinall <JGA@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

       Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1992 10:35 EST
       From: Meir Laker <meir@watson.ibm.com>

       I have a function which draws a bar chart in a clim window...

       How can I move the bar chart up and to the right a fixed amount?

   I'm guessing here, but if the bar-chart-drawer itself calls something
   like with-room-for-graphics this could be causing the problem.

   . . .

   Here is a quick fix.  Put down some ink (it can be invisible) at the
   origin of the with-room-for-graphics coordinate system.  Then w-r-f-g
   has a different idea of your bounding box:

Thank you.  This was the problem.  And the fix worked.

Clinton Hyde (chyde@chesapeake.ads.com) sent me another suggestion
which also worked: use set-cursor-position before using
with-room-for-graphics.

Alternatively, I have now found that I can use set-cursor-position to
the bottom-left corner of a window and then use
with-first-quadrant-coordinates?  Am I correct in my understanding
that with-first-quadrant-coordinates doesn't exhibit the ambiguity you
referred to existing in the current definition of with-room-for-graphics?

Meir Laker

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index