CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

format-graph-from-root

Is there a better version of format-graph-from-root available than
the one in CLIM 1.1. I know that this is only a port of the
Symbolics version but if you want to display serious graphs you
face the problem that format-graph-from-root always centers the
successor nodes relative to all predecessor nodes. If you have only
partially complete graphs this looks very crazy and cannot be used
for any applications.
Example:
CLIM 1.1:

        /
    A -      D
        \   /

but I want this:
        /
    A -
        \
	  C - D

Does anybody have such a graph method? I've already looked at the
source code of format-graph-from-root and realized that the
programming was so tricky that a simple patch wouldn't be
appropriate.

Bernd Wild

Bernd Wild

Forschungszentrum Informatik FZI
Dept. Technical Expert Systems and Robotics
Haid-und-Neu-Strasse 10-14
D-7500 Karlsruhe GERMANY

Tel:   +49-721-9654-310
Fax:   +49-721-9654-309