CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problems with Animation

    Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1992 15:09+0100
    From: Gerd Herzog <flint@ai-gate.cs.uni-sb.de>

    Environment: Allegro 4.1, CLIM 1.1, SPARC, X11R5, tvtwm

    Hi there,

      I have difficulties in getting some animations to work.
    Graphical output seems to be buffered somehow in my CLIM:

		    ;; Assume something like this in a command
		    (format pane "Doing something")
		    (do-something)
		    (format pane "Doing something else")
		    (do-something-else)
		    ;; Both Strings will not appear until the
		    ;; command is finished.

    What are the rules for buffering graphical output. How can I force
    the actual output to be done?

Did you try one of the following?
  LISP:FORCE-OUTPUT - Function (1&optional0 OUTPUT-STREAM)
  CLIM:STREAM-FORCE-OUTPUT - Function (STREAM)

Markus Fischer, MF@SGER.UUCP              Mergenthalerallee 77-81
Statice Development Group                 W-6236 Eschborn, Germany
Symbolics Systemhaus GmbH                 Phone: +49 6196 47220, Fax 481116

0,,